Local SEO is booming. The rise resulted from the lockdowns and social distancing imposed during the COVID-19 pandemic. A digital marketing speaker Hong Kong notes that as the world goes back to normal, people rely on brands and businesses nearby. Today, 97% of modern consumers search for local businesses online.
According to a social media agency Hong Kong, consumers are not just searching for local markets to buy products and services. As searchers visit 1.5 billion locations in Google, they are using them to compare before making a purchase. As such, brands and businesses need to launch comprehensive local SEO campaigns. Here’s how!
Create Consistent Listings
Updating your company website and social media pages from time to time is one big step to online local marketing. Ensure that the contact details and physical addresses are correct. All company information on different pages should be identical. It is also a good choice to enlist the company on local agencies, listing services, and review sites. A pro tip to boosting SEO through local listing is to include a link for directions & map to pinpoint your location. Add landmarks to better describe our business location.
Localize Your Website
Including locally relevant colloquialisms and terms is a wicked-smart way to boost online local marketing. This hack especially applies if you have a blog section on the website. Mention local groups and organizations that you have recently collaborated with. Include links to their social media pages and websites. To further localize your business website, describe your location using local landmarks, shopping centers, and well-known hotspots.
Stay Local on Social Media
Another main key to online local marketing is to stay local on social media posting. Remember, a video marketing agency Hong Kong highlights the 80/20 rule. This means that 80% of images, text, and video posts should focus more on connections and conversations. Allot the remaining 20% to business promotions.
Follow and subscribe to other local groups and pages. These include:
- Better Business Bureau
- Local Chamber of Commerce
- Local media outlets
- Other local businesses, groups, owners, and pages
Promote, share, and support local businesses & pages. Share posts relevant to your followers. Better yet, collaborate and volunteer with non-profits to create a positive reputation.
Sync Online Shops & Physical Stores
Syncing online shops & physical stores go beyond online posting. Brands and businesses can also use physical stores to advertise their online shops. Display signages on the store to direct traffic to online social media pages and websites. Entice your customers to sign up for an email list while physically shopping. Better yet, launch store promotions to prompt customers in following your online accounts.
THE BOTTOM LINE
The key to online local marketing is to focus on local connections, local customers, and local traffic. Like any other form of digital marketing, it takes consistent posting to make a brand or business visible online.