Studies have confirmed that visuals are very powerful in engaging audiences. Around 65% of the world’s population are visual learners. According to a social media agency Hong Kong, consumers are 6x more likely to buy a product on ads with images than plain text. One of the most popular and valuable content formats is an infographic. Besides eye-catching images, they provide important data or information. Below are the top 10 most popular infographics, as a digital marketing speaker Hong Kong has listed.
WHAT ARE INFOGRAPHICS?
An infographic is a visual representation of data. To make information more digestible and engaging, an infographic turns data into an image. It is a collection of imagery with minimal text to let the audience understand the message it conveys. Infographics present charts, facts, graphs, icons, images, lists, statistics, text, etc. With the right content strategy, a brand or business can create an infographic about any subject or topic.
Infographics started way back the ancient times. Prehistoric cavemen drew symbols on cave walls to represent civilization. Charts and graphs became a popular medium of communication among the scientists and scholars of the Middle Ages. It was in the 20th century when advertisers and marketers started using infographics to promote a brand, product, or service. Today, an infographic can be a story visual, a way to build brand awareness, and an educational or informational tool.
WHY USE INFOGRAPHICS?
In this day and age, people are overwhelmed with too much information. That is why brands and businesses need to get their message out using more than just plain images or text. An infographic s a novel solution to gain users’ attention and provide valuable information. Here are some reasons why brands and businesses should use infographics.
- Infographics are better ways to tell stories. As the song notes that a picture paints a thousand words. Infographics are a mixture of pictures and words. They can lend good stories by keeping people interested and at the same time, informed.
- Infographics give readers a tangible point of reference. The data in infographics are great. Using visuals to represent these data allow readers to skim and scan the content easily.
- People prefer infographics to lengthy text posts. People are visual creatures. More than 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visuals. The human brain can process visuals 60,000 times faster than texts. That is why they would rather look at an infographic instead of a long-form blog.
TOP 10 MOST POPULAR INFOGRAPHICS
- Company Materials. Employee handbooks, press releases, and sales brochures are just some company materials that you can turn into infographics. Visualizing them is a more efficient and enjoyable experience.
- Government Reports. A wealth of public data from every government brand can be put to good infographic use. They can boost the interest of people with notable findings.
- Industry Trends. Articles, blogs, newsletters, reports, think pieces, etc. can also be great content on the infographics’ folders. You can turn these most bookmarked pieces of content into visuals.
- In-House Data. Infographics can be the best way to differentiate a brand or business from competitors. They are an eye-catching way to tell stories about in—house company data like annual reports, case studies, sales growth, etc.
- Pop Culture Trends. Popular subjects like entertainment, fashion, music, and sports are always trending. Creating infographics about these popular trends can also be a game-changer.
- Social Trends. Cultural trends can also be an inspiration to create infographics. Social media organizations like Pew Research continuously release a variety of reports. They can be used to build light-hearted to serious infographics themes.
- Surveys. Data from surveys are ripe enough for visualization. They are the gold standard of infographics. These can be sourced from industry publications or your company initiative.
- Target Keywords. The main reason why a brand or business posts infographics is to be visible online. You can turn evergreen pieces into infographics to put SEO to your advantage.
- Tutorials. Infographics are a great way to show or tell something. It can clearly guide the audience with step-b- step tutorials.
- Your Personal Passions. If there is something you are curious about or truly love, an infographic can be a unique angle to show your passion. They can help you better connect with like-minded individuals and people who share the same interests.